The buildup of scrap materials is a process that occurs slowly over time. Most don’t realize that the various junk items they’ve been carrying around in the garage or driveway are taking over their space until it becomes too late. Only once the garage becomes inaccessible without a shovel and you’re consistently parking the car in the street do people realize the scope of the problem.
The problem of scrap metal plagues build and tear sites on an exponential scale. The greater the volume of scrap, along with the increased variety of scrap metal types (iron, steel, etc.) makes it more difficult to toss or recycle without visiting multiple facilities. When buildup gets to this point, it’s time to call on the professionals for mass scrap metal removal.
That old clunker hanging out in your garage. Piles of metal left over from building sites. Leaving metallic scrap in one place for too long is not only unsightly, but also runs the risk of harmful rust formation. Save you and your family from exposure to this irritating substance and let the experts handle it from here. Reno Tahoe Junk Removal helps with scrap metal removal projects large and small. Qualified customers can even save big on applicable dumping fees, just ask a crew member!
We conveniently offer two sizes to help you haul away virtually everything.
- Dump Truck: 8ft W x 12ft L x 4ft H
- Dump Trailer: 7ft W x 16ft L x 4ft H
FAQ on Scrap Metal Removal
How much does this service typically cost?
- Our minimum starting fee is $200. This price can be affected by the following factors:
- Pickups outside of the Reno & Sparks, NV areas will require a travel fee based on distance
- Is your item located on the first floor, or will we need to access stairs to get to it?
- Do we need to break any items down?
- Is your item exceptionally large / heavy, such as a piano or pool table?
- Our pricing is always affected by load size
What types of scrap metal are eligible for this service?
- Cast iron
- Motor oil and paint cans (dirty or clean)
- Propane tanks (full or empty)
What types of scrap metal are ineligible in this service?
- Products containing lead, found in older appliances like box TVs
- Any radioactive metals or materials (ex: plutonium, uranium)
- Products containing mercury, found in common fluorescent tube lights
- Specific car parts (if you’re not sure, please ask!)
How do I prepare my items for removal before Reno Tahoe Junk Removal arrives?
- Please follow this checklist to ensure your items are prepared for our team!
- Are all your items in one place or scattered across different places in your location? This will help us determine total costs.
- Is it possible to break your items down, such as concrete slabs? If so, we can bring tools to do this for you.
- Sorting your items by junk type and putting them all in one location is best for us.
- Please note, the more prepared and sorted your items are, the lower your total price will be!
Our Recycling Promise
We care about the environment and can assure you that your items will be disposed of at the proper facilities according to the type of item. For example, appliances will be drained of any contaminants that would be harmful to the environment before recycling or disposal. Items are sorted by type and disposed of either at transfer stations or a landfill. We will recycle common materials, like cardboard, paper, and glass, at no extra cost to you!
NOTE: We do not receive cardboard, paper, or glass materials that have been contaminated (including water damage, rainwater, mold, etc). Please clean and sort these recyclable materials or they will unfortunately be considered trash.